Event Rules & Regulations
There are a few rules and regulations that must be obeyed for participation in the Chain Gang Sportives. They’re largely simple and common sense and all are there to try to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the day for all riders joining us on the road in September.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants must wear a hard shell crash helmet – anyone without a helmet will not be allowed to participate.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
- All participants must obey the rules of the road at all times.
- Be aware of other road users. This event will be run on open roads.
- Participants must obey the instructions of the Gardaí, the Red Cross and event marshals at all times.
- Due to the challenging nature of the event a good level of fitness is required for the Conor Pass Challenge and The Blasket Blast. If you have not participated in a physical activity for some time please consult your GP before embarking on a training programme for this event.
- All bicycles should be in a well-maintained, road-worthy condition.
- Participants are advised to carry a pump, spare tubes etc, a mobile phone and dress for the prevailing weather conditions on the day.
- Refreshments will be provided en-route at designated food and water stops and at the finish area but participants are advised to carry 1-2 bidons and their preferred own food and drinks.
- Participants must follow the road signage for their chosen event.
Participants must wear their event number at all times. These will be issued at sign-on along with their route information and central emergency contact number. This number will allow riders to call for mechanical or medical support or for a sweeper vehicle if required.